Monday 31 May 2010

Vocabulary log

1) Road ( noun ) : a way or course: the road to peace.
The road was very crowded .

2) Number ( noun ) : a numeral or group of numerals.
I took Ahmed number .

3) Yestrady ( adverb ) : on the day preceding this day.
I went to the college yesterday .

4) Weekend ( noun ) : the end of a week .
I will study this weekend .

5) Qatar ( noun ) : small country from gulf .
I went to Qatar last summer .
http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=6477994407067317149
6) available ( adj ) : accessible, usable .
This car is not available now .

7) Some ( adj ) : being an undetermined .
Some of the questions was hard .

8) Phone ( noun ) : a speech sound .
I got a new phone today .

9) Tired ( adj ) : exhausted, as by exertion .
Sultan was tired so he didnt come to the college .

10) Teacher ( noun ) : a person who teaches or instructs .
The Teacher solve for the students the question .

11) Computer ( noun ) : A device that computes, especially a programmable electronic machin .
I will buy a new computer .

12) Website ( noun ) : a connected group of pages on the World Wide Web regarded as a single entite .
Our exam was to make a website .

13) Accident ( noun ) : injury, damage, or loss;
There was a big accident in AbuDhabi yesterday .

14) Car ( noun ) : a vehicle running on rails .
Nissan has new models of cars .

15) Break ( verb ) : to smash, split .
Zayed break his leg .

16) Speak ( verb ) : to converse .
I speak with my father .

17) Family ( noun ) : a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children .
I will travel with my family this week .

18) School ( noun ) : an institution for instruction in a particular skill or field.
I take my brother to the school .

19) Dinner ( Noun ) : the main meal of the day .
I eat my dinner with my family .

20) Die ( verb ) : no longer living; deprived of life .
Many people die from the speed .

No comments:

Post a Comment