Monday 28 December 2009

50 Words

1 ) Change ( v. t ) : A passing from one phase to another , as a change of the moon .

Ahmed has changed his clothes because they were dirty .

2 ) Correct ( verb ) : To make corrections .

The teacher corrected the mistakes for the students .

3 ) Family ( verb ) : The collective body of persons who live in one house, and under one head or manager; a household, including parents and children .

Yesterday me and my family went to Dubai .

4 ) Future ( adv ) : Yet to be or coming .

Zayed is studying accounts because he wants to be in the future a businessman .

5 ) Respect ( verb ) : To take notice of; to regard with special attention and to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for , to heed.

I respect my father .

6 ) Exchange ( noun ) : The thing given or received in return; a publication exchanged for another.

I exchanged the cars with my friend .

7 ) Restaurant ( noun ) : A place where meals are served to the public.

I went to the restaurant .

8 ) Before ( adv ) : Preceding in time or earlier than or previously to .

I study before the exam .

9 ) Tourist ( noun ) : Someone who travels for pleasure .

A lot of tourists visit Dubai .

10 ) Price ( verb ) : The sum or amount of money at which a thing is valued .

The phone price was 1500 .

11 ) Party ( verb ) : number of persons invited to a social entertainment .

The party was very nice .

12 ) Problem ( noun ) : a matter difficult of solution or settlement .

I had a problem in the college .

13 ) Travel ( noun ) : journeying from place to place .

We travel to Lebanon .

14 ) Nowadays ( adv ) : In these days or at the present time .

Nowadays many people travel .

15 ) Beautiful ( noun ) : Having the qualities which constitute beauty or pleasing to the sight or the mind .

It is a beautiful car .

16 ) Busy (adj): Actively and attentively engaged in work .

Ahmed was busy at the match .

17) Reached ( verb ) : To get to or get as far as in moving .

I reached the college early .

18 ) Disease ( noun ): An illness which affects a person .

There are many new diseases .

19 ) Which ( noun ) : Of what sort or kind .

This is the car which I want .

20 ) Salary ( noun ) : periodic wage paid to someone for work .

Mohamed will get his salary this month .

21 ) Second ( noun ): the second member of a series.

I've finished the second exam .

22 ) Separate ( verb ): to keep apart or divide .

I separate my time .

23 ) Often (adverb): many times .

I often go to the match .

24 ) Noise ( verb ) : make loud sound .

The music was very noisy .

25 ) People( noun ) : human beings .

The people can speak many languages .

26 ) Account ( noun ): A counting .

I have an account in the bank .

27 ) Population ( noun ): All the people in a country .

The population of Egypt is 70 million .

28 ) Pizza ( noun ): a baked Italian dish consisting of flattened bread dough covered variously with herbs .

Yesterday I ate a pizza .

29 ) Courses ( noun ): a program of instruction .

Last summer I took an English course .

30 ) Healthy ( adj ): Having good health .

We must play sport to be healthy .

31 ) Special ( adj ): of a distinct or particular kind .

It was a special day .

32 ) Percentage ( noun ) : rate or proportion per hundred .

The percentage to pass the exam is 60% .

33 ) Preferred ( adj ) : viewed as superior .

I preferred the Porsche to the BMW .

34 ) Medium ( adj ) : A middle state .

I take a medium size t-shirt .

35 ) Million ( noun ) : a thousand times one thousand .

Fahad won a million dirhams .

36 ) Money ( noun ) : including coins, paper money .

The money is not everything .

37 ) Broken ( adj ) : Reduced to fragments .

Ahmed has broken his hand .

38 ) Control ( noun ) : To exercise restraint .

The government controls the country .

39 ) Degree ( noun ): Any of a series of steps or stages .

I will improve by degrees .

40 ) Follow ( verb ): to come after in sequence .

I was following my friend .

41 ) Instead (adverb): as a substitute or replacement .

I called Ali instead of Nasser .

42 ) Equal ( adj ) : the same as .

All people are equal .

43 ) Almost ( adverb ) : Very nearly; all but .

I was almost on time .

44 ) Describe ( verb ) : To tell or depict in written or spoken words .

The teacher described the lesson .

45 ) Machine ( noun ) : An apparatus consisting of interrelated parts with separate functions .

There are many machines in the college .

46 ) Choice ( noun ) : The power or opportunity of choosing; option.

In my life I have many choices .

47 ) Available ( noun ) : Such as one may avail one's self of; capable of being used for the accomplishment of a purpose .

The Blackberrys are available now in the shops .

48 ) Holiday ( noun ) : A day fixed by law for suspension of business .

I spent a nice holiday with my family .

49 ) Weather ( verb ) : To place unhooded in the open air .

The weather was rainy .

50 ) University ( noun ) : An association, society, guild, or corporation .

Ahmed is studying in Abudhabi university .

No comments:

Post a Comment